Thank you, Lord
Give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will
for you in Christ Jesus.
1 Thessalonians 5:18
It is easy to focus on what we don't have and forget about all we do have. When
we get wrapped up in our own wants we don't see the blessings God has already given us, and how fortunate we are compared
to so many other people.
It is important to make a list of every aspect in our lives that we are thankful for. Some of us may
even be able to give thanks for the bad times, because good resulted from it. When we need a reminder of how good God
is, we can go back and review all he has done, and give thanks. It is also important to keep a list of ongoing prayer
requests for others, so that we don't forget to pray for them.
1. Family, friends, loved ones - Thank you Lord that I was born into a Christian family in a free country
where we've never had to suffer for our faith. Thank you for giving me a man who loves you, who is full of integrity
and honesty, and challenges me to put you first. Thank you for Christian siblings, Christian friends, and access to
good churches (even when I take them for granted).
2. Home - Thank you that I have never had my needs unfulfilled, and that even when times were tight I always
had food, clothing, and shelter.
3. Transportation - Thank you for a good, reliable car that has cost me little throughout the years.
Thank you that I've been able to depend on it, even though my maintenance on it can be lacking...
4. Health - Thank you, Father, that I'm in good health, I have no disease, illness, handicaps. Thank
you for good eyesight, healthy teeth, joints, and muscles.
5. Work - Thank you for a good paying, low-stress job and the difficult events preceeding this job that
pushed me to better myself. Thank you for kind, generous coworkers and a positive work environment. Thank you
for flexibility and for each and every client you send my way, even when I'm not looking forward to seeing every one.
6. Faith - And thank you most of all for choosing me, for loving me, and for giving me so many chances to
live right and live for you. Thank you for forgiving me and allowing me to serve you even when I don't do a good job
of it. Thank you for giving me the tremendous gift of Salvation.
In your Son's name, Amen.